For language translation click on select language at the top right corner
What can Family PACT
do for you?
Did you know?
- Half of all pregnancies are unplanned.
- 8 of 10 teen pregnancies are unplanned.
- Some birth control methods work much
better than others:
- Some methods, like IUCs and Implants,
work very well no matter what.
- Other methods work well only if
you use them the right way every time.
- Emergency contraceptive (EC) pills
can help prevent unplanned pregnancy
after unprotected sex.
- It works best the sooner you take
it (within 5 days)
- Some people call them the
"morning after pill"
- EC pills are not the abortion pill.
- EC pills will not cause an
abortion of you're already pregnant.
and click on Clients
What is Family PACT?
Family PACT is a family planning program.
It helps women and men avoid getting pregnant
or causing a pregnancy when they are not ready.
Why should I enroll?
Your Family PACT provider will help you prevent
an unplanned pregnancy and protect your
reproductive health. All Family PACT services
are available at no-cost to you while you are
Who is eligible?
Women and men of all ages who:
- Want to prevent an unplanned pregnancy;
- Live in California;
- Have a low-income; and
- Do not have insurance that can be used
for family planning.
How do I sign up?
A Family PACT provider can enroll you into the
program, if you are eligible.
What services are provided?
Confidential family planning visits for birth
control counseling and methods that
- Emergency Contraceptive Pills
- Prevention, screening and treatment of
most sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing and counseling
- Limited cervical cancer screening
What birth control methods does
Family PACT cover?
- Intrauterine Contraceptive (IUC)
- Contraceptive Implant
- Contraceptive Shot, Ring, and Patch
- Birth Control Pills
- Diaphragm and Cap
- Condoms for men and women
- Spermicides and Sponge
- Natural Family Planning Methods
Sterilization for women and men
Family PACT can help!
To find a Family PACT
provider near you:
type in your zip code
to "Find Providers"
2009 Revised 2013. Department of Health Care Services, Office of Family Planning.
All rights reserved. Any one shown in these photos is a model.
The photos are used for illustrative purposes only.
For additional copies, go to: www.familypact.org
OF3009 Family PACT Brochure ENG